Skip to main content

Allergy Relief

This weekend allergies invaded our home and family! My poor husband suffered the itchy eyes, headache, nasal congestion and sinus pain all weekend. He took the allergy over the counter medications which offered some relief, but he was still miserable. Although we do take over the counter medication, I prefer to seek out natural remedies for some of our ailments. After doing some research for sinus pain, I came across a Tomato Tea.
The ingredients are:
1 cup - 8oz. tomato juice
1 tsp - raw, chopped garlic
1 - 2 tsp. - lemon juice
cayenne pepper - as much as can be tolerated
a pinch of salt to taste
Heat briefly and sip

This tea is full of vitamin C which is wonderful for the immune system, garlic which is a natural healing food and the cayenne pepper will bring fast relief for nasal congestion.

So, he sipped his tomato tea, rested much of the weekend and is back to the regular schedule of work


Comments

  1. I'm late getting around from The Well, but to my surprise I came to read this...I have one who is dying with the allergies and sinus today! I'm going to grab the goodies to make this...she may not, but I will!!!:)

    Your post from the Well was wonderful too! Timing is everything:)

    Thanks for the tips!
    peace,
    lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this. I wrote the recipe down and will try this with my allergy prone hubby and son.

    Have a great day!

    Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your commment. It is a joy and blessing to hear from you and your words are appreciated.

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes We Score, Sometimes We Block

Our family is in the midst of little league soccer season. My youngest son is playing and his enthusiasm is contagious. He is pretty good at the sport, but what makes it so great is that he loves it! He counts the days until the next game or practice. He loves his coach and teammates. He has moved up an age level this year and the players are working more like team, passing to each other and watching out for each other during play. During the last game, my son scored two goals, they were the only goals of the game. In today's game the team scored eight goals. My son came up afterwards to me and said, "I didn't score today, but I blocked". What a powerful truth those words can hold. In life, sometimes we score, sometimes we block. Sometimes we do great things, we excel, we achieve, we meet our goal - we score! There are also times we see the needs of others, sometimes they are sad or hurting, we block their hits. We look out for them so they can score. We...

Paths of Prayer

Today, I'm joining up with Five Minute Friday, a fun writing opportunity to connect and share a quick thought on this week's theme "Path". For many years, when coming across a Scripture about 'paths', it turned into a prayer and desire to be led down God's open paths. Through the years of life which included, marriage, keeping a home, job, raising children and as they began to explore their own paths, seeking God and His paths became a vital part of life and prayer.  As God's Word reveals God's goodness and His ways, I want to be walking - living a lifestyle on the paths that He leads.  Some of my favorite 'path' verses include: Proverbs 4:18 "But the path of the just is like the shining sun, That shines ever brighter unto the perfect day."   Psalm 25:4,  "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths,"  Proverbs 3:5-6: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding; in all your way...

Word-Filled Wednesday

I love participating in Word Filled Wednesday . This is hosted over at 160 acrewoods and is designed to share God's Word with verse and picture. Go over and take a peek - you will be blessed! The verse I chose for today is one of my favorite verses. A while back during an intense trial of watching a loved one struggle with addiction - ready to lose everything over the addiction, I read this verse and it spoke to my heart clearly. Without God - there is no hope, the things of this world will leave you empty and void. Chasing after the things of the world is like chasing the wind, you just can't grasp it. But in God there is hope. Even though the trial may be tough and challenging, God is hope and He will fill you with peace and joy as you believe in Him and you will abound in hope. May your day be blessed and filled with HOPE!