Skip to main content

How Do You Describe Vacation??

We just returned from a quick vacation and it was absolutely wonderful. Are there any words which can describe the feeling of relaxation while on vacation? Is it the cool, brisk wind which accompanied perfect weather or gazing up at the clear, bright, blue sky? Or staring with awe at mountain peaks and valleys knowing the Creator of everything is still in control today? Is it the joy of relaxing and just enjoying one another? Is it the feeling of not having to be a certain place and looking forward with anticipation to going on a short day trip where all you do is look around and enjoy God's creation. I think the best part is just being relaxed and happy! Smiling at one another, taking time to love and appreciate each other. These are the moments I will try to capture as we return to our everyday lives.
Of course I took lots of pictures...but I won't overwhelm you...yet.
Here is a sunrise in the Smokey Mountains:
This is taken off the deck of our cabin:


Here is a patch of glorious color, right outside the bedroom window?

No wonder I woke up happy!

This was the view from the other side of the room:

It was a wonderful, quick vacation, but the memories will always be held close in our hearts.


Comments

  1. I'm so excited you've joined us. Totally okay to link! Looks like you had a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful!!! Wow, I want to go to the mountains so bad! Thank you for your comment! I am looking forward to your post on the election!! Where do you live? I'm Heather,as you can read and I live in Alabama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful! I love it in the mountains. Makes me want to take a short vacation there myself!! Great pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...gorgeous! Thank you for sharing those beautiful photos. So happy you had a great time on vacation.

    Your blog is so charming...all dressed up for fall...I absolutely love it!

    Thank you for your sweet words on my blog!

    Blessings,
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Breathtaking pictures! My cousin was just there this past weekend as well, how wonderful to see your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how I love the Smoky Mountains! Looks like you had a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Smokey Mountains. They are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice pictures... sounds stunning

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my gosh! These are stunning pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your commment. It is a joy and blessing to hear from you and your words are appreciated.

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes We Score, Sometimes We Block

Our family is in the midst of little league soccer season. My youngest son is playing and his enthusiasm is contagious. He is pretty good at the sport, but what makes it so great is that he loves it! He counts the days until the next game or practice. He loves his coach and teammates. He has moved up an age level this year and the players are working more like team, passing to each other and watching out for each other during play. During the last game, my son scored two goals, they were the only goals of the game. In today's game the team scored eight goals. My son came up afterwards to me and said, "I didn't score today, but I blocked". What a powerful truth those words can hold. In life, sometimes we score, sometimes we block. Sometimes we do great things, we excel, we achieve, we meet our goal - we score! There are also times we see the needs of others, sometimes they are sad or hurting, we block their hits. We look out for them so they can score. We...

Paths of Prayer

Today, I'm joining up with Five Minute Friday, a fun writing opportunity to connect and share a quick thought on this week's theme "Path". For many years, when coming across a Scripture about 'paths', it turned into a prayer and desire to be led down God's open paths. Through the years of life which included, marriage, keeping a home, job, raising children and as they began to explore their own paths, seeking God and His paths became a vital part of life and prayer.  As God's Word reveals God's goodness and His ways, I want to be walking - living a lifestyle on the paths that He leads.  Some of my favorite 'path' verses include: Proverbs 4:18 "But the path of the just is like the shining sun, That shines ever brighter unto the perfect day."   Psalm 25:4,  "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths,"  Proverbs 3:5-6: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding; in all your way...

Word-Filled Wednesday

I love participating in Word Filled Wednesday . This is hosted over at 160 acrewoods and is designed to share God's Word with verse and picture. Go over and take a peek - you will be blessed! The verse I chose for today is one of my favorite verses. A while back during an intense trial of watching a loved one struggle with addiction - ready to lose everything over the addiction, I read this verse and it spoke to my heart clearly. Without God - there is no hope, the things of this world will leave you empty and void. Chasing after the things of the world is like chasing the wind, you just can't grasp it. But in God there is hope. Even though the trial may be tough and challenging, God is hope and He will fill you with peace and joy as you believe in Him and you will abound in hope. May your day be blessed and filled with HOPE!