Skip to main content

Spiritual Sunday



Spiritual Sundays is a place to gather to read inspirational devotions and to help prepare your heart for Sunday worship. Spiritual Sundays is hosted over at BloggerSpirit.



A verse that has captured my heart this week is found in Romans 10:8 "The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart." This is followed by the glorious truth that "if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."
This brought me to ponder the power of words. Mainly the power of God's Words. If we read God's Word, it will be a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path. There is everything that we need in the Word of God. It contains help, hope, comfort, encouragement, admonition, direction about everything. And..it is near us and if we spend time in it, in our heart and in our mouth.
The Psalms and Proverbs are wonderful book to read and say aloud in prayer to God. The Psalms is full of majestic praise that my heart could never image, but I can read and pray to our glorious God from His Word. When we are facing difficult and challenging times, God's Word can bring clarity and attest to His power, - "The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear." "Be strong, and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord". Where and when I am weak, His Word can give me strength and hope. So, I purpose to choose His Words and talk like a winner!
May your Sunday be blessed and may your hear and receive from God's Word!

Comments

  1. Amen Sister about praying the WORD from Psalms and Proverbs.

    Blessings, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Encouraging words about the power of the WORD! Romans 10:7-10 were some of the first Scriptures I ever memorized. Thinking about the Bible reminded me that the new ESV study Bible is coming out the 15th of this month. Wayne Grudem is one of the editors and also a Bible teacher at "our" church. He is a fantastic teacher of the WORD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can never say too many good things about God's word. Thank you for sharing these thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for reminding us the importance of spending time in God's word. It is truly aa lamp and help. Be blessed

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to "beat myself up" for using words so much. I've always been expressive in words...talking, writing, you name it. Recently, the Lord clearly revealed that it isn't the amount of words I use, but which words I use. I am now eternally greatful that I love words so much because I believe that it is my great love for TRUE WORDS that drives me to THE WORD!! And if I never spoke, read, pondered, or heard any other words as long as I live...I would want to speak, read, ponder, and hear the Word of God!! Thanks for sharing today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank-you so much for this scripture today. It is so true how near God word is.What a great verse to share with us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it wonderful that God is bound by His Word and that we can't confess it in boldness with the very same power?! Wonderful post!

    KJ

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your commment. It is a joy and blessing to hear from you and your words are appreciated.

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes We Score, Sometimes We Block

Our family is in the midst of little league soccer season. My youngest son is playing and his enthusiasm is contagious. He is pretty good at the sport, but what makes it so great is that he loves it! He counts the days until the next game or practice. He loves his coach and teammates. He has moved up an age level this year and the players are working more like team, passing to each other and watching out for each other during play. During the last game, my son scored two goals, they were the only goals of the game. In today's game the team scored eight goals. My son came up afterwards to me and said, "I didn't score today, but I blocked". What a powerful truth those words can hold. In life, sometimes we score, sometimes we block. Sometimes we do great things, we excel, we achieve, we meet our goal - we score! There are also times we see the needs of others, sometimes they are sad or hurting, we block their hits. We look out for them so they can score. We...

Paths of Prayer

Today, I'm joining up with Five Minute Friday, a fun writing opportunity to connect and share a quick thought on this week's theme "Path". For many years, when coming across a Scripture about 'paths', it turned into a prayer and desire to be led down God's open paths. Through the years of life which included, marriage, keeping a home, job, raising children and as they began to explore their own paths, seeking God and His paths became a vital part of life and prayer.  As God's Word reveals God's goodness and His ways, I want to be walking - living a lifestyle on the paths that He leads.  Some of my favorite 'path' verses include: Proverbs 4:18 "But the path of the just is like the shining sun, That shines ever brighter unto the perfect day."   Psalm 25:4,  "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths,"  Proverbs 3:5-6: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding; in all your way...

Word-Filled Wednesday

I love participating in Word Filled Wednesday . This is hosted over at 160 acrewoods and is designed to share God's Word with verse and picture. Go over and take a peek - you will be blessed! The verse I chose for today is one of my favorite verses. A while back during an intense trial of watching a loved one struggle with addiction - ready to lose everything over the addiction, I read this verse and it spoke to my heart clearly. Without God - there is no hope, the things of this world will leave you empty and void. Chasing after the things of the world is like chasing the wind, you just can't grasp it. But in God there is hope. Even though the trial may be tough and challenging, God is hope and He will fill you with peace and joy as you believe in Him and you will abound in hope. May your day be blessed and filled with HOPE!