Skip to main content

Pharisee Moms

This was shared on the Above Rubies Facebook page and paralleled the Pharisee and Tax Collector in Luke 18:9-14.   Of course...none of us moms really think like this(!), but it was very interesting and brings to life our humbleness and need for God's strength and help as we raise our children.


Oh Gracious Heavenly Father,
I want to thank you that you have made me different than the average mother. I am so glad that I homeschool my 8 children with another one on the way. We don't use birth control. I am glad that I made the decision to breastfeed them all for an extended period of time and that we eat only homemade organic food; the food that You intended us all to eat. God, I also only use natural fabrics in the clothing that I sew for my entire family. And, God, I want you to know that I am a responsible mother and don't use a microwave and refuse to use any plastics that leak harmful chemical in our food. I am glad you made me because I am such a great help to my church; teaching the little ones, looking after the meal program and taking on the Christmas program for the past 6 years. God, I know you'll bless the pet shelter and nursing home down the street because of our involvement there every Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30 to noon.. Yes, you have made me a wonderful mother indeed, which I (and my community) will be eternally grateful. Amen.

Hi God,
It's me again and I just don't know what to say. The two jobs are running me ragged and we've made the decision to send our little one to full time day care and our older one is going to public school. God, please bless our mac'n'cheese because I sure don't know if there is any nutritional value in there at all. I need your help. I can't even keep my house clean never mind volunteering anywhere! We've missed the last few Sundays at church and I've missed the fellowship but most of all I've missed time to reflect on you. I'm so sorry I haven't even read my Bible the last couple of days, it seem like my life is just running away with itself. But God, I want you know that I love you, and I think of you all the time. I want to do life right, but I need your help. I've come to the realization again that I just can't do this life without you. I love you Lord, help me. Amen
Kindest Regards,
Heidi

Comments

  1. Both prayers made me smile. A good reminder of our dependence on Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful. you just relieved some guilt, too, knowing i don't really have to do all that stuff. :) even if we choose to do those things, we must remember it isn't to please the Lord, He's pleased with a broken and contrite spirit. don't think He really cares about some of the other stuff we obsess about in the name of Christianity.
    mommamindy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, thanks for visiting Layers of Learning in the MOB blog hop.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your commment. It is a joy and blessing to hear from you and your words are appreciated.

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes We Score, Sometimes We Block

Our family is in the midst of little league soccer season. My youngest son is playing and his enthusiasm is contagious. He is pretty good at the sport, but what makes it so great is that he loves it! He counts the days until the next game or practice. He loves his coach and teammates. He has moved up an age level this year and the players are working more like team, passing to each other and watching out for each other during play. During the last game, my son scored two goals, they were the only goals of the game. In today's game the team scored eight goals. My son came up afterwards to me and said, "I didn't score today, but I blocked". What a powerful truth those words can hold. In life, sometimes we score, sometimes we block. Sometimes we do great things, we excel, we achieve, we meet our goal - we score! There are also times we see the needs of others, sometimes they are sad or hurting, we block their hits. We look out for them so they can score. We...

Paths of Prayer

Today, I'm joining up with Five Minute Friday, a fun writing opportunity to connect and share a quick thought on this week's theme "Path". For many years, when coming across a Scripture about 'paths', it turned into a prayer and desire to be led down God's open paths. Through the years of life which included, marriage, keeping a home, job, raising children and as they began to explore their own paths, seeking God and His paths became a vital part of life and prayer.  As God's Word reveals God's goodness and His ways, I want to be walking - living a lifestyle on the paths that He leads.  Some of my favorite 'path' verses include: Proverbs 4:18 "But the path of the just is like the shining sun, That shines ever brighter unto the perfect day."   Psalm 25:4,  "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths,"  Proverbs 3:5-6: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding; in all your way...

Word-Filled Wednesday

I love participating in Word Filled Wednesday . This is hosted over at 160 acrewoods and is designed to share God's Word with verse and picture. Go over and take a peek - you will be blessed! The verse I chose for today is one of my favorite verses. A while back during an intense trial of watching a loved one struggle with addiction - ready to lose everything over the addiction, I read this verse and it spoke to my heart clearly. Without God - there is no hope, the things of this world will leave you empty and void. Chasing after the things of the world is like chasing the wind, you just can't grasp it. But in God there is hope. Even though the trial may be tough and challenging, God is hope and He will fill you with peace and joy as you believe in Him and you will abound in hope. May your day be blessed and filled with HOPE!