Skip to main content

Is There A Method To This Madness???

Are you an organizer?  Does everything have it's place in your home?  This is one of my aspirations and I have been relentless in finding a technique that works for me!!  Probable every woman would answer that order is important in the home, but how do we find order out of chaos? 

In my quest for order, I have tried everything from a book that schedules every hour of the day to home management binders, to meal planners, tons of printables for notes and to dos.  Still, perfect order eludes me. 

Do you know about "Principle and Methods"?  A principle is "a basic truth, general law or doctrine used as a basis of reasoning or a guide to actions and behavior".  A method is "a procedure or way of doing something".  Among the Christian community, especially women, we share many principles, but the methods will vary widely.  God's Word instructs us to be the keeper of our homes, which is a principle we hold, but there are innumerable methods in which to do this!

I love to browse organization websites to get ideas.  Then, if I am unable to make this method work for me, get frustrated.  Each of us is individually created with our own set of gifts, abilities and talents.  Some of us love and excel at cooking, other sewing or creating, others entertaining, others make their homes a place of fun!  These are all areas needed to make a home, but if we build on anothers gift, we will fall short if that is not our area of talent. 

What is the best way to find order in our homes?  It is what will work for us and with us.  What are your strong points?  Use them to bless your family and others!  What areas bring joy and can be done as an extension of your natural ability is most likely your gift or talent.  If it stresses you out and causes more irrigation than accomplishment, it may not be the gifted area. 

Sometimes it helps to take a good look at where we are in our homes, what we want to accomplish, take a deep breath and pray!  God can bring help,  hope and a beauty to our homes as we follow His leading and use His gifts to our home and family.

Making your home sing Mondays

Comments

  1. I too like to read sites and others ideas (especially on blogs!) about methods, etc. for organizing...and lots of other homey ideas!...and isn't it funny how quickly we can compare ourselves and become frustrated when one's ideas/methods don't work out exactly the same for us?? I really struggle with this. We really do need to focus on our own strengths/abilities/etc....and work our methods around those.

    Is it too late to add a comment for the brownie drawing?? Because I do have a family loves that brownies! My favorite - as with anything! - would be dark chocolate!! YUMMO

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE POST THANKS FOR SHARING..NEEDED TO HEAR THAT LOVES...SORAYA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, love to organize and it's always fun to see someone else's schedule or routine. But you're right, someone else's schedule (or gift) may not work for us.

    We have to build on our strengths, as you suggested! Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So far I'v never met a brownie I did'nt like!
    Cookie brownies are awesome too!
    I love reading books on organization too Joyce.

    Thanks,
    Janet
    gatorgirl66@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your commment. It is a joy and blessing to hear from you and your words are appreciated.

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes We Score, Sometimes We Block

Our family is in the midst of little league soccer season. My youngest son is playing and his enthusiasm is contagious. He is pretty good at the sport, but what makes it so great is that he loves it! He counts the days until the next game or practice. He loves his coach and teammates. He has moved up an age level this year and the players are working more like team, passing to each other and watching out for each other during play. During the last game, my son scored two goals, they were the only goals of the game. In today's game the team scored eight goals. My son came up afterwards to me and said, "I didn't score today, but I blocked". What a powerful truth those words can hold. In life, sometimes we score, sometimes we block. Sometimes we do great things, we excel, we achieve, we meet our goal - we score! There are also times we see the needs of others, sometimes they are sad or hurting, we block their hits. We look out for them so they can score. We...

Paths of Prayer

Today, I'm joining up with Five Minute Friday, a fun writing opportunity to connect and share a quick thought on this week's theme "Path". For many years, when coming across a Scripture about 'paths', it turned into a prayer and desire to be led down God's open paths. Through the years of life which included, marriage, keeping a home, job, raising children and as they began to explore their own paths, seeking God and His paths became a vital part of life and prayer.  As God's Word reveals God's goodness and His ways, I want to be walking - living a lifestyle on the paths that He leads.  Some of my favorite 'path' verses include: Proverbs 4:18 "But the path of the just is like the shining sun, That shines ever brighter unto the perfect day."   Psalm 25:4,  "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths,"  Proverbs 3:5-6: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding; in all your way...

Word-Filled Wednesday

I love participating in Word Filled Wednesday . This is hosted over at 160 acrewoods and is designed to share God's Word with verse and picture. Go over and take a peek - you will be blessed! The verse I chose for today is one of my favorite verses. A while back during an intense trial of watching a loved one struggle with addiction - ready to lose everything over the addiction, I read this verse and it spoke to my heart clearly. Without God - there is no hope, the things of this world will leave you empty and void. Chasing after the things of the world is like chasing the wind, you just can't grasp it. But in God there is hope. Even though the trial may be tough and challenging, God is hope and He will fill you with peace and joy as you believe in Him and you will abound in hope. May your day be blessed and filled with HOPE!