Skip to main content

Summer Mornings

This is the first official week of summer vacation at our home. I am blessed to work part time, so I have two days a week off. Today was the first day off and it has began wonderfully! I woke up early to have some time to myself. As I was reading the Bible in Proverbs, I came across these verses: "How long, you simple ones, will you love simplicity?...Surely I will pour out my spirit on you; I will make my words known to you." Proverbs 1:22,23 I looked deeper for an explanation in the study Bible and the word simple here means - naive, young people who have not yet made up their minds about life or the direction they will take. Recently graduation has taken place and how many young people are floundering around, seeking for direction? In the following portion of these verses, "wisdom" is speaking and the promise is for wisdom to be known to those who seek for it.
Our oldest son will be a senior next year and within a few years, important choices for his life will be made, college, career etc. which will affect him for years. This is not a time for floundering, but to strive purposefully in God's direction. As a mother, it is important to let him make these choices on his own, not make them for him. But what a blessing it is to lean on God's Word and pray for him to let wisdom be evident in his heart and be clear to him in all he does.
After my quiet time and coffee, I wandered to look outside and saw these guys grazing nearby. It looked like a way to capture this glorious summer morning!
May your day be blessed and may you walk in God's wisdom in all that you do!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes We Score, Sometimes We Block

Our family is in the midst of little league soccer season. My youngest son is playing and his enthusiasm is contagious. He is pretty good at the sport, but what makes it so great is that he loves it! He counts the days until the next game or practice. He loves his coach and teammates. He has moved up an age level this year and the players are working more like team, passing to each other and watching out for each other during play. During the last game, my son scored two goals, they were the only goals of the game. In today's game the team scored eight goals. My son came up afterwards to me and said, "I didn't score today, but I blocked". What a powerful truth those words can hold. In life, sometimes we score, sometimes we block. Sometimes we do great things, we excel, we achieve, we meet our goal - we score! There are also times we see the needs of others, sometimes they are sad or hurting, we block their hits. We look out for them so they can score. We...

Paths of Prayer

Today, I'm joining up with Five Minute Friday, a fun writing opportunity to connect and share a quick thought on this week's theme "Path". For many years, when coming across a Scripture about 'paths', it turned into a prayer and desire to be led down God's open paths. Through the years of life which included, marriage, keeping a home, job, raising children and as they began to explore their own paths, seeking God and His paths became a vital part of life and prayer.  As God's Word reveals God's goodness and His ways, I want to be walking - living a lifestyle on the paths that He leads.  Some of my favorite 'path' verses include: Proverbs 4:18 "But the path of the just is like the shining sun, That shines ever brighter unto the perfect day."   Psalm 25:4,  "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths,"  Proverbs 3:5-6: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding; in all your way...

Word-Filled Wednesday

I love participating in Word Filled Wednesday . This is hosted over at 160 acrewoods and is designed to share God's Word with verse and picture. Go over and take a peek - you will be blessed! The verse I chose for today is one of my favorite verses. A while back during an intense trial of watching a loved one struggle with addiction - ready to lose everything over the addiction, I read this verse and it spoke to my heart clearly. Without God - there is no hope, the things of this world will leave you empty and void. Chasing after the things of the world is like chasing the wind, you just can't grasp it. But in God there is hope. Even though the trial may be tough and challenging, God is hope and He will fill you with peace and joy as you believe in Him and you will abound in hope. May your day be blessed and filled with HOPE!