Sunday, March 2, 2014
Wednesday, February 26, 2014
Wednesday, February 5, 2014
Monday, February 3, 2014
Time Warp Wife recently shared 7 Habits of a Kind Wife.
It's not always easy to be kind, but it's possible when we take the focus off of ourselves and turn them onto our Lord.
Here are 7 of the habits that can help us be a more kind wife:
1. She's affectionate - all human beings benefit from affection. A smile, a kiss, a warm embrace when you walk in through door... These are the things that remind us we're loved.
2. She's understanding - Although we don't always agree with one another, it's a blessing when someone makes an effort to understand our point of view isn't it? It takes an open heart and a listening ear.
3. She looks to God to sharpen her character - When we pattern our lives after our Savior we surrender our lives to His will. Regardless of what pop culture is doing, our decisions are based on truth.
4. She's strengthened by prayer - Prayer is an important step in reshaping our lives. If we want to center our marriage around Christ, first and foremost, we need to surrender our heart to His will.
5. She knows that a kind word turns away wrath - We all know this, but do we practice it enough? Kind words are powerful. They can diffuse a situation and calm a troubled heart.
6. She builds up her husband instead of tearing him down - Listening to him, making an effort to be cheerful, and ignoring his faults are just a few of the ways we can build up our husbands in a world that is tearing them down.
7. She's not perfect, but she's growing in grace - There are those who see virtue as an impossibility. We all can't be this perfect, and we wall can't be this strong. While that is true, it's important to remember that building virtue on faith is a life-long journey upon which the road is paved by His grace.
Just like anything that is worth doing, kindness doesn't magically appear, it is developed, mostly through friction! The more it is practiced, the easier it comes. I"m so thankful where I lack, God is able to supply!
Friday, January 3, 2014
When my three sons were younger, it was so important to me to get pictures of them all together. Of course they had to match in those photos! I would pick their clothes out and attempt to pose them for the perfect photo and they would grudgingly oblige.
One year I had the brilliant idea for a Christmas photo…a camouflage, country, horse theme. I got them all ready and here was the result:
Nothing worked out and we were all miserable! But, I kept these photos as a reminder that sometimes the things we focus on are not worth the stress they can cause. My boys attitude, happiness and feeling my love instead of irritation are much more important than a ‘perfect photo’.
Through the years, I learned to relax and focus on things more important….we endured (with God’s grace) the teenage years, learning to drive, growing up and transitioning into adulthood. This year Christmas morning came and since it is rare they are all together, I asked them to get in front of the tree. Without planning, and without knowing what each other was wearing, here is how they dressed:
WOW! They all match and were happy…what more could a mama want?