Currently at our home, we are working on eating healthier. When I saw this article with the 7 best foods for women, I had to share it! Here is a list of seven foods every woman should have in her diet:
- Berries: Berries have more antioxidant power than most any other food. Aim for 1 cup three times a week.
- Salmon: A great source of Omega 3 and also Vitamin B12 and Vitamin D. Aim for two servings a week.
- Leafy Greens: these can include spinach, chard, collard greens to romaine lettuce. These are great sources of fiber, Vitamin C, K, lutein, a vision protector; and four essential minerals: calcium, magnesium, iron, and potassium. Aim for two servings a day.
- Whole Grains: They have up to 96% more fiber, magnesium, zinc, chromium, and vitamins E and B6 than refined grains. Ideally, all of the six daily grain servings you need should be whole, unrefined grains, but aim for at least three.
- Nuts: They're excellent sources of protein, magnesium, and B and E vitamins. Aim for Up to five small fistfuls a week (roughly 1/4 cup or about 15–20 almonds, cashews, walnuts, or pecans).
- Golden Vegetables: One serving of fiber-filled, deep-yellow-orange vegetables supplies five times the beta carotene you need daily. They also contain potassium. Aim for two 1/2 cup servings a day.
- Yogurt: Low- or no-fat plain yogurt is a terrific source of B vitamins, protein, calcium and -- if it has active cultures -- the healthy bacteria known as probiotics, which crowd out disease-causing germs. Aim for four or more cups a week, if this is your main dairy source.
These were some great tips for some super foods for women. Hope that you enjoyed reading these and enjoy even more consuming and reaping the results of good health.