This happens to me quite often! I just finished reading a wonderful book by Elizabeth George: "Life Management For Busy Women ~ Living Out God's Plan with Passion and Purpose". This book did more than give fantastic time management training, it established the roots and purposes of how and why we do what we do as busy women. Our ultimate purpose is to glorify God with our lives and follow and seek Him for each relationship and ministry we are involved in.
A woman in today's times is pulled in so many different directions. There simply is not time to be effective in every area if we don't set priorities. We will be scattered, beaten, harried and a bundle of disorganization. But a woman who seek the Lord in all ways, has a planned and purposeful day. She knows what needs to be done first and at the end of the day, knows what needs to be left undone.
Here is a daily prayer and plan for a productive day according to God's plan:
1. Pray over your priorities: "Lord, what is Your will for me at this time in my life
2. Plan through your priorities - "Lord, what must I do today to accomplish Your will?"
3. Prepare a schedule based on your priorities - "Lord, when should I do the things that live out these priorities today?"
4. Proceed to implement your priorities - "Lord, thank You for giving me Your direction for my day."
5. Purpose to check your progress - "Lord, I only have a limited time left in my day. What important tasks do I need to focus on for the remainder of the day?"
6. Prepare for tomorrow - "Lord, how can I better live out Your plan for my life tomorrow?"