In the Kitchen:
- When preparing your meals, clean up as you go, washing by hand or putting appropriate items right into the dishwasher.
- Use items and place them directly back in their place.
- Immediately following the meal, do the clean up. Wash dishes, do kitchen clean up etc.Spending a few minutes attacking the mess means more relaxation time without dreading the kitchen clean up!
- Put the perishable groceries in the refrigerator right away directly out of the grocery bags, rather than placing them on the counter first. Wash and cut fruits and veggies before putting them away.
- Cook extra quantities of meat and use later in the week for another dish. Make individual plates or portions with leftovers and freeze for another time.
- If you have enough, freeze half the meal for a quick meal at a later date.
- Choose your clothes the night before work or school. This way you don't waste valuable time in the morning looking for the right thing to wear.
- Sign papers, do lunch money and check homework the night before. Have backpacks packed and ready to go.
- Fill up your gas tank when it hits the quarter of a tank level. In case of a delay in traffic, or late morning, you won't have to worry about running out of gasoline
- Have a routine each week for the days you do errands and shopping. It will save you gasoline since you won't have to keep running out for forgotten items.
- Keep a running shopping list in a visible place for the family to mark needed items.
- Use and stick to shopping list and bring coupons if you use them.