Skip to main content

Making My Home Sing With Home Management

Making your home sing Mondays


Although I think my home is kept neat and tidy, it is a struggle to keep up with all of the home maintenance tasks. It is beyond my scope of homemaking to keep up with the over and above tasks such as dusting the blinds, keeping the top of the refrigerator wiped down, treating the drains etc. Not to underestimate the importance of these tasks, it's just that I don't think of them on a consistent basis.

I recently came across a great site: Home Wizard Personal Assistant which is a place to make it easier to manage your home. There is a wealth of information including some of these topics:

Recommended Schedules
Free Personalized Reminders
Maintenance Library
Energy Savings Tips
Safety
My favorite is the recommended schedules where you simply check the various features of your home and it pulls up a recommended monthly maintenance checklist for you to do to keep your home running smoothly and efficiently. Since lists help keep me focused and productive, I"m looking forward to making my home sing by doing a little better with home maintenance!

Comments

  1. Oh boy! I'm going to have to check that out. Sounds wonderful.
    Hugs
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for dropping by my blog and leaving an encouraging comment. The return trip was beneficial, I found a list-making woman after my own heart. While I was reading a few of your blogs, I was thinking about the need to dust the top of my fridge....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to let a lot of that little stuff go sometimes. I have lots of things on my list and yet I ignore that list in favor of doing the bigger things.

    I will have to check this out, I love lists! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your commment. It is a joy and blessing to hear from you and your words are appreciated.

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes We Score, Sometimes We Block

Our family is in the midst of little league soccer season. My youngest son is playing and his enthusiasm is contagious. He is pretty good at the sport, but what makes it so great is that he loves it! He counts the days until the next game or practice. He loves his coach and teammates. He has moved up an age level this year and the players are working more like team, passing to each other and watching out for each other during play. During the last game, my son scored two goals, they were the only goals of the game. In today's game the team scored eight goals. My son came up afterwards to me and said, "I didn't score today, but I blocked". What a powerful truth those words can hold. In life, sometimes we score, sometimes we block. Sometimes we do great things, we excel, we achieve, we meet our goal - we score! There are also times we see the needs of others, sometimes they are sad or hurting, we block their hits. We look out for them so they can score. We...

Paths of Prayer

Today, I'm joining up with Five Minute Friday, a fun writing opportunity to connect and share a quick thought on this week's theme "Path". For many years, when coming across a Scripture about 'paths', it turned into a prayer and desire to be led down God's open paths. Through the years of life which included, marriage, keeping a home, job, raising children and as they began to explore their own paths, seeking God and His paths became a vital part of life and prayer.  As God's Word reveals God's goodness and His ways, I want to be walking - living a lifestyle on the paths that He leads.  Some of my favorite 'path' verses include: Proverbs 4:18 "But the path of the just is like the shining sun, That shines ever brighter unto the perfect day."   Psalm 25:4,  "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths,"  Proverbs 3:5-6: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding; in all your way...

Word-Filled Wednesday

I love participating in Word Filled Wednesday . This is hosted over at 160 acrewoods and is designed to share God's Word with verse and picture. Go over and take a peek - you will be blessed! The verse I chose for today is one of my favorite verses. A while back during an intense trial of watching a loved one struggle with addiction - ready to lose everything over the addiction, I read this verse and it spoke to my heart clearly. Without God - there is no hope, the things of this world will leave you empty and void. Chasing after the things of the world is like chasing the wind, you just can't grasp it. But in God there is hope. Even though the trial may be tough and challenging, God is hope and He will fill you with peace and joy as you believe in Him and you will abound in hope. May your day be blessed and filled with HOPE!