Thursday, May 13, 2010

Before and After – Fishing Tales

The last few posts have featured my little fisherman. These photos were simple enough for me to do a little extra playing around with Photoshop Elements. I haven’t worked much with black and white photos or with the vintage look, but the pond and fishing pole seemed like the perfect opportunity.  I  used the actions that are in Photoshop Elements of black and white adjustment layers and the vintage/old photo mode.

Before:

*This is not my son, but a great young man who just happened to be at the pond and is just blessed to be featured here!!  I like the angle of the photo of the boy, but the man is a distraction.


100_5462

After:
I did some cropping and some color adjustments in black and white:

mothers day 004 david2

Then worked the black and white theme some more:

mothers day 004david

Before:
These little boys dropped their fish and were trying to pick it up:

mothers day 028

After:
This photo worked good for adding a vintage feel:

mothers day 028 copy

Before:
Only little boys would willingly share a fish:

mothers day 029

After:
Another vintage overlay:
mothers day 029fishhands

For more before and after photos visit Pixel Perfect.

11 comments:

  1. Fantastic job. I haven't played with my pics except crop and remove red eye!

    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for your comment on my blog. LOVE the crop of the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the vintage look you have given them. And in the first one the crop is great in B/W.

    Thank you for your visit and comment, I appreciate them.

    Have a blessed week! xxx

    <")>><

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how they look after you played with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice edits. The vintage look suits the photos so well. I really like the crop on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your crops really work great for these shots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun! I have never tried something like that...but don't you love how computers make it so easy to play with our pictures now. I am such a poor photographer.....oh thank heaven, for digital (remember spending all that money to develop a roll of film in order to get one semi-decent shot??!?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the vintage look you gave your photos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great crop for the first one! Black and white is great too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such great edits. The vintage ones are just perfect!! I love vintage!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your commment. It is a joy and blessing to hear from you and your words are appreciated.