Thursday, May 27, 2010

Just For the Joy of Books!

Good, True & Beautiful


Like many moms, I worry about my kids watching too much tv, but at times I am guilty of allowing it while I am busy with other things around the house.
One day this week, my youngest son came home, plopped on the couch and had a steady stream of ICarly and Sponge Bob going.  After a little while I told him enough tv.  He got up and went into his room and shut the door.  Assuming he was pouting, I gave him a few minutes.  When I opened the door to see what he was doing, this is what I saw:

ABC Graduation 2010 051 ABC Graduation 2010 054 ABC Graduation 2010 057
Sometimes I rack my brain for creative ideas for him to do.  Isn’t amazing how sometimes the kids have it figured out.  Raising a reader sure brings me a bit of joy!!

4 comments:

  1. I love it when I see kids read! Looks like he could listen to music and read at the same time. Wow! I could never do that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My student's loved Ripley's when I was teaching! Wonderful to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for books! My kids never get bored when they have books around (okay, that's a wee bit of an exaggeration, but you get the idea). I love catching kids reading. It's so satisfying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! A book is better than tv any day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your commment. It is a joy and blessing to hear from you and your words are appreciated.