Skip to main content

Word Filled Wednesday – The Beauty of Holiness

wfw-2008sm
Give to the LORD the glory due His name;
      Bring an offering, and come before Him.
      Oh, worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness! I Chronicles 16:29
pureza-1

This is one of those verses that seem to easily flow from the heart.  It almost makes is sound so easy, giving to the Lord the glory due His name and worshipping Him in the beauty of holiness.  He is worthy of all glory and what a glorious feeling to worship Him in the beauty of holiness. 
But what about the “bring an offering part"?  As Christians in our day and time, we no longer are bound to bring an offering for our sin since Jesus Himself has redeemed us.  What is it that we can offer to Him?
When we set the day aside to worship Him, often times there are many distractions that may crop up.  The day is Sunday, sometimes it is our only day off.  Opportunities abound for relaxation and fun.  Making the choice to put God first and go to His house is a great beginning to choose to worship Him.  When we get to church, between getting the children settled, greeting people and any church ministries we are a part of, we can again get easily distracted. Sometimes, we may be sitting still in the church service, but our minds are running full speed thinking on what to cook for lunch, what plans we have for the week, or a host of other things that may crop up. 
Our greatest offering to Him, is our self.  The purposeful choice to clear our mind and focus on Him. A heart tuned in to hear His Word and a willing spirit to yield to His calling.  As we come before Him empty of ourselves, He will fill us with what we need to continue through each task and each day.  As we reflect on His goodness, our hearts are stirred to thankfulness and as we acknowledge that He alone can meet our every need, true worship blossoms.  As we worship Him, the beauty of holiness captivates and fills our hearts.
Will you purpose this week to bring an offering and come to Him?

Comments

  1. Joyce,

    What a beautiful passage and I enjoyed your thoughts to go with it.

    Thanks so much for joining us today at WFW♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post Joyce. It's funny...this is just what I needed to hear today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful words to remember here...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! Praise the Lord! It is so easy to be distracted by the daily burdens of life but making time to spend with our Lord is most important. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the third time this week, that I've been stretched to give of myself! I think the Lord is trying to get my attention!!

    Thanks for sharing, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful scripture. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This goes along so well with the things I've been thinking this week. What do I offer my God and what do I offer my children? Instead of the best of myself, I often find that I'm serving leftovers. I need to keep these thoughts ever before me. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful post and a lovely passage of scripture to go with it. Thank you for sharing such truths from your heart.

    blessings,
    vickie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Each morning in the shower I say, "use me Lord," it is my offering...

    You blessed me with this one today!
    Peace,
    lori

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joyce, This is a beautiful post. I really like your scripture and reflection on it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for sharing this. I can relate so much to what you said.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent reminder - sometimes we cloud it up a bit and complicate things, huh? It really is that simple - He just wants us.

    Thank you, Joyce!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Excellent devotional. Loved your comments about Sunday, and drawing closer to Him in general.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I thought of this verse after being inspired by your beautiful thoughts -

    Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your commment. It is a joy and blessing to hear from you and your words are appreciated.

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes We Score, Sometimes We Block

Our family is in the midst of little league soccer season. My youngest son is playing and his enthusiasm is contagious. He is pretty good at the sport, but what makes it so great is that he loves it! He counts the days until the next game or practice. He loves his coach and teammates. He has moved up an age level this year and the players are working more like team, passing to each other and watching out for each other during play. During the last game, my son scored two goals, they were the only goals of the game. In today's game the team scored eight goals. My son came up afterwards to me and said, "I didn't score today, but I blocked". What a powerful truth those words can hold. In life, sometimes we score, sometimes we block. Sometimes we do great things, we excel, we achieve, we meet our goal - we score! There are also times we see the needs of others, sometimes they are sad or hurting, we block their hits. We look out for them so they can score. We

Relationships and Redemption

In every friendship or relationship, there is a common hope that they will grow and flourish. There is something inside of us that longs for a 'happy every after' story. We dream about it and work to make that happen. But in reality, relationships are a challenge. The bridging of values, lifestyles, interests and sacrificing for another are simply hard things to do! No matter how much we dream of the perfect fit, some relationships will not endure the stress.  When differences appear and tensions arise, prayer can change situations, attitudes and ourselves. For the Christian, we know God can transform, change, heal. We cannot change others, but prayer opens us the door for God to step in and answer. God desires transformation, but does not demand it. The gift of free will allows us to choose to say Yes or No to Him.  Romans 12:18 says, “If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.” Take notice of the first two words: “If possible …” This implies that some

A Blank Page - A Great Way to Fill It

A blank page - that is the first view of a new blog post. It has been a while since I have faced the blank page of my little blog! A blank page can bring a variety of emotions - emptiness, anxiety, pressure to perform or emotions such as inspiration, encouragement or simply bursting to share something. But there is always something fresh and exciting about the blank page of a New Year. Happy 2023! This is always a time in my life where inspiration and plans are formed and ready to be implemented for greater change. Aspirations may start strong, but alone do not make a difference. It takes consistency to create change. The changing or adding small habits is a key to great changes. A habit that has been beneficial in my life for many years is rising early. It began when the children were small and was the only pocket of time I had to myself. Through the years, mornings have become my favorite time of the day. Now that my husband and I are empty nesters, we go to bed early and rise early.