Saturday, June 19, 2010

Happy Father’s Day

Joyce Photos 027

As we celebrate Father’s Day this weekend,  I consider myself blessed to see the promises of God fulfilled in my family.   Although the home I was raised in was not under the influence of a godly father, my father loved me and provided the security and bond of a loving protector.

God richly blessed me when he hand picked for me a husband, who under the leadership of his father, is a man of integrity and a wonderful father to our three sons. 

Through losing my father as a young woman, I found comfort as the Word of God  promised that God would be a Father to the fatherless.  I have felt and clung to Him as my Heavenly Father who continually gives an abundant supply of love, mercy, grace, peace and joy. 

This weekend I am thankful for the influences of fathers and godly men in my life and anticipate the fulfillment of the promises of God in the lives of my sons. 

2 comments:

  1. You have been blessed with the men in your life! I have two grown sons who are much like their father... also men of integrity with a strong commitment to their families... to love, protect, and provide. You have much to look forward to...watching your sons become husbands and fathers. It is a special blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful post. It's so nice to see the promises of God unfolding in our families. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your commment. It is a joy and blessing to hear from you and your words are appreciated.