Does it seem that apples taste better in the fall? There is something about the cooler weather that makes me crave apples and treats made with apples! Here are some interesting facts about apples that will make you feel good and hopefully want to eat more apples!
10 Core Facts About Apples
Apples are a very good fruit for building healthy bodies. A medium-sized apple (154 grams/5.5 ounces, about the size of a tennis ball):
1. Is fat-free – helps maintain a healthy weight, and reduces the risk of some types of cancers.
2. Is saturated-fat free.
3. Is sodium-free – may helpreduce the risk of high blood pressure.
4. Contains natural sugars called fructose.
5. Has only 80 calories.
6. Is cholesterol-free – may help protect against cardiovascular disease.
7. Contains no artificial colors or flavors.
8. Is an excellent source of fiber – helps reduce blood cholesterol, and aids digestion.
9. Is a convenient, satisfying snack – You can take one with you anywhere.
10. Is an easy way to get your recommended five servings of fruits and vegetables daily!
Of course apples are a staple in fall baking. Here are a few places to get some great apple recipes:
Taste of Home Autumn Apple Recipes
Family Fun Fall Recipes
Alphabet Soup Apple Recipes