Friday, November 12, 2010
Easy Pumpkin Recipes
1 pkg. (14 oz.) pumpkin quick bread mix
1-1/4 cups brewed double-strength MAXWELL HOUSE Coffee, any variety, cooled, divided
4 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, coarsely chopped
3 cups powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
PREPARE bread batter as directed on package, substituting 1 cup of the coffee for the water. Stir in chocolate.
BAKE bread as directed on package. Remove from pan; cool completely.
BEAT sugar, remaining 1/4 cup coffee and the butter in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed until well blended. Spread onto bread. Cut into 16 slices to serve.
Remember to buy two mixes and then try these Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins:
No-Stick Cooking Spray
1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
1 large egg
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1 (14 oz.) package Pillsbury® Pumpkin Quick Bread
3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1 large egg
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1. HEAT oven to 350°F. Coat 12 muffin cups with no-stick cooking spray.
2. BEAT cream cheese in medium bowl with electric mixer until soft. Add egg, sugar and lemon peel. Beat until smooth.
3. PLACE pumpkin bread mix into large bowl. Remove 3/4 cup dry mix and set aside in small bowl to make topping. Add milk, oil and egg to remaining bread mix in large bowl. Stir 50 strokes or until blended.
4. FILL each muffin cup with about 1/4 cup batter. Make indentation in batter with small measuring spoon sprayed with no-stick cooking spray. Put 1 heaping tablespoon cream cheese mixture in center of each muffin.
5. ADD melted butter to reserved dry mix. Stir with fork until crumbly. Add pecans. Crumble about 1 tablespoon over each muffin.
6. BAKE 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Remove muffins from pan. Place on baking rack to finish cooling.