If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand. —Mark 3:25
Arguments will come at one time or another. There will be differing viewpoints on issues that couples will face. When these times come, if we have prepared in our heart a line that we will not cross, much hurt, anger and mistrust can be avoided.
Some guidelines may be:
- never use the word "YOU" in an accusatory manner. "YOU" always.....
- never use words that directly criticize or bring shame.
- stick to the issue at hand, don't bring up past issues
- remember that each one has an opinion, respect the other ones
- share your opinion or view with grace, kindness and love, not demanding to be right
don't do what he hates...sulk, retreat, not say anything etc.
Each marriage is different and we know what makes our own mates tick. We have the power to hurt them deeply if we know their vulnerable parts. Take special care to buffer them from the hurt and pain we want to avoid.