Does it seem to you like the weeks seem to fly by? In addition to how fast the weeks go, it seems each day is filled with more things to do than time to do them. Although I am a stay at home mom, seeking to live a simpler life, there is never a shortage of things to do!
Coming up with an encouraging blog post this week didn't seem to come together. So today, I"m simply sharing some blessings from last week.
A Holy Experience shared a monthly list for counting daily blessings for the month of May. In the midst of going and doing our daily routine, seeking and recording daily blessings bring a powerful stop to chaos and bring peace and thanksgiving to the heart.
Some things that blessed me last week were:
- Mother's Day - enjoying time with family
- My youngest son recognizing his memory verse during devotions and reciting it.
- Participating in a bridal shower at church and experiencing the joy and anticipation of a wedding.
- Early morning picking in the garden - putting up vegetable bounty.
- Getting a 'new to me' (a great deal) camera after breaking mine recently.
- Remembering the anniversary of my husband and I's first date almost 30 years ago!
Writing down the blessings that abound each day helps me stay focused on how great our God is and to cultivate a more thankful heart. That's a great way to begin the week!