I picked up a book from the library recently entitled "Youiquely Woman - Becoming Who God Designed You To Be". The theme of the book is to 'live purposefully and intentional". A portion of the chapter I'm on is speaking on courage. Here are some highlights that blessed and encouraged me greatly:
"Courage is not simply one of the virtues, but the form of every virtue at the testing point." C.S. Lewis
Since my personality type lacks courage (I'm easy going, peaceable etc.) , I was strengthened and stretched to read that courage is necessary for every woman who desires to discover God's design for her life. It takes courage to be intentional in your life and to choose an uncommon path instead of following the crowd. Each of us are uniquely made and equipped by God for His tasks for us. Courage and living intentionally moves us to fulfill His purposes but...
It takes courage to...
- stick to your commitment and to choose additional commitments that shape and change you.
- to stand up and stand out as a unique creation of God.
- to be the woman God created you to be as you live through each life season and seek to please God.
- not to compare yourself with woman in movies, magazines, books or across the street.
- to swim against the strong current of popular culture.
- not to base your life on competition or defensiveness.
Living a courageous, character driven life is uncommon but a desire has been struck in me for sufficient courage to walk an uncommon road through life. I'll probably be sharing more about this book!! But the thought for today is to 'be strong and courageous" in whatever you face today.