But, if you have noticed in the store, these little packets have gone way up in price. If you use one for each meal, it adds up...fast!
Here are two recipes made with spices usually found in your pantry for Taco Seasoning and Ranch.
Ranch Flavored Dip
- Add each of the dried spices to a bowl and gently stir.
- Store in a resealable plastic baggie or small ball canning jar with tight fitting lid in your spice cabinet.
- To make the ranch dressing, whisk together 1/3 cup mayonnaise with 1/4 cup milk(more or less depending on the consistency you want) with 1 Tbsp of the homemade ranch dressing seasoning mix. Season with salt, to taste. Use immediately and can refrigerate for up to 3 days.
- Makes about 4 Tbsp worth of mix. Or use the ratios above and mix up however much you’ll need!
- 1 part chili powder
- 1 part ground cumin
- 1 part garlic powder
- 1 part onion powder
- 1/4 – 1/2 part crushed red pepper.
- Mix all the spices together and store in an airtight container or in the freezer.
- Use to taste, For tacos, add 1 to 2 Tablespoons to meat to season.
Making your own spices is quick, easy, saves money and is better for you!!