Does the phrase “Company’s coming!” send you running for cover? It did for me, for years! It took so much work to be 'hospitable" and open my life and home to others. Cleaning, cooking and entertaining would become too much work to do, then after all the work, I was too exhausted (and grumpy) to enjoy the festivities.
This book - A Life That Says Welcome, changed my view of hospitality. It shared the difference between entertaining and offering hospitality. Entertaining places the emphasis on you and impressing others.
Hospitality places the emphasis on others and refreshing, not impressing, them.
The author Karen Ehman will be leading an online study of the book in March. Some of the highlights this book and study will teach include how to:
- Recognize the reason for offering hospitality
- Identify the top five excuses for not opening your home and apply simple solutions to combat them
- Arm yourself with cooking-for-a-crowd menu ideas, make-ahead freezer meals and kid-friendly favorites
- Acquire weekly speed cleaning strategies, a proven system for de-junking your house and simple, doable decorating tips
- Obtain creative concepts for living a life of welcome wherever you are
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, go visit Karen Ehman for all the details. There is even a giveaway of the books! You will never look at entertaining the same again, but will learn to embrace the opportunity to open your heart and home to others with 'a life that says welcome"!