I've just finished a fabulous book about how a mom impacts the life of her son. What a Difference a Mom Makes - The Indelible Imprint a Mom Leaves on Her Son's Life. All moms of boys know that this can be an adventure - a fast, fun and furious adventure! But we don't usually stop and consider the power our influence in daily life, words and encouragement has on our boys. We are the ultimate trainer for our guys to how they relate to women. Boys definitely need a father and/or godly male influence in their life to follow, but may us moms remember and be purposeful in our role to train them up.
The book offers The Top 10 Countdown to Being an Awesome Mom
10. Remember, he’s a boy, not a girl.
9. I know he’s adorable, but he needs to be held accountable.
8. Don’t always pay attention to how he looks; pay more attention to his heart.
7. How you handle his failures is more important than how you handle his victories.
6. No two children in a family should be treated the same, because they’re not the same—including your boy.
5. Remember that your boy will only stay weird for about 15 years.
4. He’s the wavy line—all over the place. You need to be the consistent one.
3. Start with the end in mind. Who do you want your son to be?
2. You don’t get to relive moments. Make every day count.
1. Many have tried, and no one’s succeeded—you can’t do it all. But what you do will make a lasting difference in the life of your son.
Take heart mom, even if we don't understand our boys completely, we make a mark on their heart that no one else can.