Skip to main content

Thirsty?



So often we have heard about how important it is for us to drink water.  We know about the many vital benefits to our health that come from drinking pure water. In case you need a refresher, here are 5 quick benefits of drinking water!
 
1. Drinking Water Helps Maintain the Balance of Body Fluids.
2. Water Can Help Control Calories
3. Water Helps Energize Muscles
4. Water Helps Keep Skin Looking Good
5. Water Helps Your Kidneys
Found at Webb MD
 
Since I began running, water has became a vital part of my health routine.  My regular running route begins at my home.  The average distance is 4-6 miles down a narrow, country road.  My home is in the middle of this road and it is 2 miles to either end and back.  In the summer months, I run to one end and back and drink some water which is left close by the road for that purpose.  Then, I continue on to the other end and back, the other two miles.  On days I go for a longer run, I again go past my home and stop to grab some water.  This keeps me energized and hydrated.
 
On a recent morning, I did my usual routine, but upon approaching the 4 mile home mark, decided to go a little further.  Not wanting to take the time to stop and get a drink, I kept going...running right by the water bottle.  As the sun beat down, the heat bore in and I was losing water through perspiration, my energy level faded.  My mouth grew dry and my muscles grew weak.  I made it to my 5 mile goal and then turned around to walk the 1 mile home.  Let me tell you, this was one miserable mile!  No energy, fatigue and extreme thirst had me kicking myself for not simply stopping to take in some water.

As Christians, the Bible tells us God himself can be called "the spring of living water.  That heavenly water of life is already available through Jesus. His invitation at the end of the book of Revelation: "Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life" (Rev 22:17). 
 
The Christian life is meant to be come from a source (Christ in us) and be a source. to others. We receive and in turn give out from what we have received to others.  Through Jesus, we have a living, flowing river of life, love, grace, peace, strength and hope. 
 
To do this, we must stay connected. Daily through prayer and reading Gods' Word, we take in Living Water.  Remember, you cannot give out what you have not taken in! 
 
Daily life as a Christian, can drain us like the heat does to our physical bodies.  As we go about and give out, we need to be replenished. 
 
We too have to go to the well everyday with our jar because we live in the world. But Jesus makes the same offer to us as he did to the woman at the well:
 
Whoever drinks this water will get thirsty again;
But anyone who drinks the water that I shall give
will never be thirsty again:
The water that I shall give
will turn into a spring inside welling up to eternal life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes We Score, Sometimes We Block

Our family is in the midst of little league soccer season. My youngest son is playing and his enthusiasm is contagious. He is pretty good at the sport, but what makes it so great is that he loves it! He counts the days until the next game or practice. He loves his coach and teammates. He has moved up an age level this year and the players are working more like team, passing to each other and watching out for each other during play. During the last game, my son scored two goals, they were the only goals of the game. In today's game the team scored eight goals. My son came up afterwards to me and said, "I didn't score today, but I blocked". What a powerful truth those words can hold. In life, sometimes we score, sometimes we block. Sometimes we do great things, we excel, we achieve, we meet our goal - we score! There are also times we see the needs of others, sometimes they are sad or hurting, we block their hits. We look out for them so they can score. We

Relationships and Redemption

In every friendship or relationship, there is a common hope that they will grow and flourish. There is something inside of us that longs for a 'happy every after' story. We dream about it and work to make that happen. But in reality, relationships are a challenge. The bridging of values, lifestyles, interests and sacrificing for another are simply hard things to do! No matter how much we dream of the perfect fit, some relationships will not endure the stress.  When differences appear and tensions arise, prayer can change situations, attitudes and ourselves. For the Christian, we know God can transform, change, heal. We cannot change others, but prayer opens us the door for God to step in and answer. God desires transformation, but does not demand it. The gift of free will allows us to choose to say Yes or No to Him.  Romans 12:18 says, “If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.” Take notice of the first two words: “If possible …” This implies that some

A Blank Page - A Great Way to Fill It

A blank page - that is the first view of a new blog post. It has been a while since I have faced the blank page of my little blog! A blank page can bring a variety of emotions - emptiness, anxiety, pressure to perform or emotions such as inspiration, encouragement or simply bursting to share something. But there is always something fresh and exciting about the blank page of a New Year. Happy 2023! This is always a time in my life where inspiration and plans are formed and ready to be implemented for greater change. Aspirations may start strong, but alone do not make a difference. It takes consistency to create change. The changing or adding small habits is a key to great changes. A habit that has been beneficial in my life for many years is rising early. It began when the children were small and was the only pocket of time I had to myself. Through the years, mornings have become my favorite time of the day. Now that my husband and I are empty nesters, we go to bed early and rise early.