I love lists!! They seem to help keep me on track and give valuable reminders of where I'm going and what I am supposed to be doing.
You would think after almost 25 years of marriage, I wouldn't need a list to know how to be a good wife...but...when I saw the title to a recent article..."20 Little Things to Make a Big Difference in Your Marriage", I has to take a peek.
No matter how good we get in any area, there is always room for improvement. This list of 20 Things..., is a great reminder for me to stop, slow down, remember how much I love him and to show him how special he is. Things that can easily get thrown to the side in the midst of life. This list not only keeps me on the right track, it helps me go above and beyond to bring love and life into my marriage.
Here is the list...nothing fancy, just gentle reminders of little things that truly make a big difference!
1. Greet him warmly. When he comes home. When he enters the room. When he’s nearby.
2. Offer a kind word. He will always be grateful for a kind wife. (Prov. 31:26)
3. Give thanks. For him and for the life you get to share together.
4. Speak the truth. In love. Always. (Eph. 4:15)
5. Look at the bright side. Focus on all that is good and right. (Phil. 4:8)
6. Shrug off small annoyances. Let those irritating habits bounce off of you.
7. Snuggle together. Whenever you get the chance. Mostly because it’s rather fun.
8. Serve cheerfully. It’s Biblical, even if it’s fallen out-of-fashion. (Mark 10:45)
9. Pray for each other. It really does make a difference.
10. Listen carefully. About his day, his worries, and his dreams. (Jas. 1:19)
11. Apologize humbly. Be quick to say you’re sorry and ask forgiveness.
12. Kiss on the lips. And then linger. Like you mean it.
13. Laugh at each other’s jokes. Even if you’ve heard them before.
14. Give a soft answer. Which turns away wrath. (Prov. 15:1)
15. Step away together. Far from the world and its pressures. Occasionally. Just the two of you.
16. Smile at him. With all your heart. Light up whenever you see his handsome face.
17. Forgive fully. Put it completely behind you, never to be brought up again. (Eph. 4:32)
18. Spend time together. Every chance you get.
19. Build up. Rather than tear down. You’ll never be sorry for that.
20. Decide you’re going to love each other. For the rest of your lives. (Mark 10:9)
Click here for a Printable version.