When we think of 'very fit' people it is easy to turns aside and dismiss them!! Usually we think that these are the people that live at the gym, exercise for hours a day and have very little life outside the fitness world.
Although there are some 'extreme fitness' people around, the majority of people who desire to be more fit and healthy, constantly seek a balance which includes a healthy lifestyle. The 'super fit' put a bit more emphasis and effort in fitness and nutrition, but understand the benefits that come are worth the sacrifice. Becoming 'super fit' is simply a process over time of making healthy choices one at a time and developing good habits.
Here are 10 Secrets of the Very Fit:
- Look at exercise as a pleasure and a privilege, not a burden or chore. Think positively about the changes regular exercise will produce. Rather than obsessing about your next meal, get excited about your next workout!
- Focus on short-term fitness goals with an emphasis on completing daily exercise.
- Work to take your exercise to new levels of intensity.
- Make it your goal to do some form of exercise 5 or 6 days a week. If some days you exercise once in the morning and once in the evening, even better! If you're eating right, exercise will fuel your energy level!
- Create an exercise schedule the day before instead of leaving it to chance or waiting to "find" the time. Plan to set aside some time during the day when your energy is highest.
- Enjoy contributing to the health of others by having a partner or friends to exercise with, as well as recruiting others who want to feel better and have more energy. Have a neighbor who's sitting on the porch every morning when you walk by? Ask him or her to join you on your walk!
- Avoid monotony by taking up new forms of exercising, or using things that keep you motivated and inspired, like new shoes or great music.
- Invest in the right tools—good shoes, a portable MP3 player or iPod®, fitness equipment, a new series of tapes, etc. Doesn't have to cost a lot of money, get what you use and use what you get!!
- Subscribe to fitness magazines to keep focused on health as an overall way of life.
- Eat well-balanced meals and remember that excess calories, even if they're from food that's fat free and high in protein, will turn to excess weight. No matter what the latest fad diet says, extra calories equal extra weight!
These tips will get you moving in the right direction for a fabulously fit life!!