I've always loved Italian food. Especially that delicious and unmistakable taste garlic adds. Garlic adds zip and zest to many food dishes, not just the lasagna I love!!
- Improves Heart Health - Garlic is an excellent superfood for heart health. It helps improve blood circulation, lower cholesterol and prevent heart disease. It helps slow the development of atherosclerosis or hardening of the arteries which increases the risk for a heart attack or stroke.
- Controls Hypertension Studies have shown that garlic also reduces high blood pressure, especially systolic blood pressure. Garlic acts as a vasodilator which helps to widen the blood vessels, making blood flow smoother.
- Reduces Arthritis Pain - Garlic has been shown to reduce pain and other symptoms in people with rheumatoid arthritis. Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties help reduce inflammation associated with various forms of arthritis. It also contains a compound called diallyl disulfide that helps limit cartilage-damaging enzymes.
- Boosts Immunity - Garlic is a surprisingly good source of vitamins C, B6 and the minerals selenium and manganese – all of which boost the immune system. It also enhances mineral absorption. Plus, garlic has antioxidant and antimicrobial properties that strengthen the body’s defence mechanism and fight infections.
- Treats Cough and Cold - Garlic offers antibiotic and antiviral benefits that make antibacterial properties make garlic a wonderful treatment for cough and cold. It may also reduce the severity of upper respiratory infections. Plus, garlic also highly beneficial in treating various respiratory conditions such as asthma and bronchitis. It also promotes expectoration with coughs, making it irreplaceable for those with chronic bronchitis.
Since learning of so many health benefits of garlic, I now use it ...alot!! The only thing I dislike about garlic is having to peel it! You can purchase it already peeled, but it is much more cost efficient to buy in it it's peel. Here is a video showing the easiest way to get that peel off!!
How easy is that??? Now my kitchen can be more delicious and nutritious!!