Talk about an oldie but a goodie!!
It's utterly amazing to discover what this lady - Jane Wells (1886) wrote more than a century ago holds true even today. Her four simple rules can take us a long way to enjoy a wonderful married life.
- Let your love be stronger than your hate or anger.
- Learn the wisdom of compromise,
- for it is better to bend a little than to break.
- Believe the best rather than the worst.
- People have a way of living up or down to your opinion of them.
- Remember that true friendship is the basis for any lasting relationship.
- The person you choose to marry is deserving of the courtesies and kindnesses you bestow on your friends.