January is the month many people put their mind to getting healthy. By March, many are back to the old, comfortable and familiar habits! If you have ever rode this roller coaster, you know that you don't turn into a lean, mean, clean eating machine overnight! It takes time to go deeper than a diet, to incorporate life changing healthy habits into our lives. That is where the lasting changes are!
This year, after a month of indulging in rich, sweet and way too much food, I want to make some changes to my diet. A valuable resource I found is "Simple Green Smoothies". While I have drank smoothies for years, the 'green' part used to scare me! But I have learned to ease into it and gradually make transitions.
Some benefits of green smoothies include:
1. Natural energy booster to keep a little pep in your step in the morning (and during those afternoon slumps).
2. Natural weight loss can be a happy side effect of gulping these in place of a typical breakfast (just make sure to include healthy fats and protein to make it a more complete meal).
3. Stay healthy all-year-long. Simple way to boost your immune system when you’re feeling under the weather.
4. Packed with disease-fighting antioxidants. The phytonutrients in leafy greens boost your body’s immune system and keep it functioning properly.
5. Hands down— The best fast food. It takes less than 5 minutes to make a green smoothie (and clean up!) and they’re super easy to take on the go– especially when you prep ahead.
Simple Green Smoothies has a free 30 day challenge you can sign up for. 30 days of recipes that ease you into world of green goodness! An added bonus is a shopping list to help you prepare for the week ahead. They give instructions, an easy chart of ingredients for those who are adventurous! If you have ever wanted to look into smoothies, this is a great first step!