Thursday, September 8, 2016
Parenting Funnies - Has This Ever Happened?
Through the years of sharing on this blog, I have come across cute things to share and just hold on to them for a later time. This cute sequence of parenting questions was hidden from long ago. My boys are way past these stages, but it still brings a smile to remember, these things did happen!
If these fit your children's stages, rest assured, this too shall pass!
Parenting often contains surprises, some delightful and others, well... How many of the following might you be able to relate to? Hint, if you smile at any one, it's probably because you've experienced it in your home.
1. The later you stay up, the earlier your child will wake up the next morning.
2. For a child to become clean, something else must become dirty.
3. Toys multiply to fill any space available.
4. The longer it takes you to make a meal, the less your child will like it.
5. Yours is always the only child who doesn't behave.
6. If the shoe fits...it's expensive.
7. The surest way to get something done is to tell a child not to do it.
8. The gooier the food, the more likely it is to end up on the carpet.
9. Backing the car out of the driveway causes your child to have to go to the bathroom.
10. The more challenging the child, the more rewarding it is to be a parent...but you usually have to work overtime to get that reward.