One of the exciting thing about using essential oils, is that there are so many ways to use them! They can be used for aromatic uses, topical uses, relaxation, disinfecting, healing and comfort. I am totally in love with them!
I recently found a recipe for frozen eucalyptus towels. This one would have been a life saver through the summer, but it is one to keep for sure!
Eucalyptus oil can soothe, relax muscles and clear nasal passages. Headache and migraine pain may be triggered or exacerbated by stress, making relaxation an important part of headache treatment. Peppermint and lavender are also good essential oils for headaches.
- First, start with some washcloths.
- Next, put a couple cups of water in a container.
- Add about 10 drops of eucalyptus essential oil to the water and stir.
- One at a time, submerge the towel in the water-oil mixture, and squeeze out the excess liquid. Fold in half then roll it up.
- Place on a cookie sheet in a single layer and place them in the freezer.
- Freeze until solid (it took mine a couple hours).
To enjoy, place the frozen towel on your face, head, or wherever you need a bit of cooling. It may be better to use it rolled up and slowly unroll it as it thaws as opposed to trying to open it up right away to prolong the cooling effect.