Skip to main content

Long Time, New Post, New Purpose

 It's been a while! I say that often between blog posts. But the truth is, a lot of changes occur between the spaces of time that I sit down to open up a piece of my life. 

This little blog is such a special part of who I am. Although it is seriously neglected, it is fun to look back on posts from years ago and see the place and season of life I was in. Back in the early days of the blog, I was a stay at home mom with much free time and availability to capture life's simple moments. 

As the years rush by, motives and intentions change. With the realization of how time flies, purposes and impact become priorities. What can I say or write that will make a difference? Daily life looks different in this season and the passion to encourage others has taken on a new and different look. 

Each of us has our own unique set of priorities, values, desires and motives. But as women, we can identify a few connections. Most of us have a home, family and a precious place we can create an atmosphere filled with love, grace and acceptance. Everyone wants to make a difference. The callings on each of us are unique, but God created and designed us with a plan and purpose. 

I'm learning to ask myself in this season - Who am I, what is important and where can I make a difference? How can my abilities and talents be used? What is important to me? I don't have all the answers, but this little blog is a good place for an outlet for a few of these. Writing, encouraging and connecting are passions of mine. Another area I love and am learning the importance of is Bible Study and sharing the truth found in God's Word. 

For years, I have been a part of ladies ministry in the local church. The past few years, it has been an honor to teach a ladies Sunday School class. The word "teacher" is so large and intense and that is not me at all! But encouraging and connecting with other ladies, holding the truths of God's Word to apply to our lives and transform us in the likeness of Christ are areas of ministry that I love. 


A recent book "Women of the Word" has opened my perspective and ignited a passion to look deeper into God's Word. Since becoming a Christian over 30 years ago, I understand the importance of God's Word. It is read, prayed, shared and included in every aspect of my life. But oftentimes, I make it about ME - how this verse affects me or those around me. I've often made a point and found a Scripture to confirm my view. 

The truth is the Bible is primarily about God and not us. If it is true that we become what we behold, we must devote the time to learn how to dig into Scripture with our hearts and minds—learning to love God’s word and Him as the author. “There is no true knowledge of self apart from the knowledge of God.”

As a teacher and Christian woman, I want to always be conforming into the image of God. To imitate Him, I must continually learn about Him. A deeper Bible study is a means to love God more and to live differently because because of knowing Him more. We become what we behold. The love of God is a love that transforms. 

This blog seems like a great place to practice growing in a deeper study of God's Word. Our Sunday School class has followed the book of Genesis and how this has shaped the message of the Bible and the grand story God is composing through history. Watch for future posts and pray about the place and power God's Word has in your heart and life. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes We Score, Sometimes We Block

Our family is in the midst of little league soccer season. My youngest son is playing and his enthusiasm is contagious. He is pretty good at the sport, but what makes it so great is that he loves it! He counts the days until the next game or practice. He loves his coach and teammates. He has moved up an age level this year and the players are working more like team, passing to each other and watching out for each other during play. During the last game, my son scored two goals, they were the only goals of the game. In today's game the team scored eight goals. My son came up afterwards to me and said, "I didn't score today, but I blocked". What a powerful truth those words can hold. In life, sometimes we score, sometimes we block. Sometimes we do great things, we excel, we achieve, we meet our goal - we score! There are also times we see the needs of others, sometimes they are sad or hurting, we block their hits. We look out for them so they can score. We

Top 10 Workout DVDs

Prevention Magazine is a leader in health and fitness news and products. They recently came up with the top 10 list of workout DVDs. They have examined the many fitness DVDs out there and narrowed down a list of the best ones. There is a DVD for every fitness level. If you are looking to incorporate some exercise into your day in the convenience of your own home, take a look at this list. Here is an additional money saving tip:  If you see a DVD that you are interested in, check out Amazon or Ebay before ordering.  Many times they have pre-owned DVDs at a fraction of the cost of a new one.

Word Filled Wednesday – Act Justly

He has shown you, O man, what is good;       And what does the LORD require of you                But to do justly, To love mercy,       And to walk humbly with your God?    Micah 6:8 Sometimes we struggle so hard with the question “What does God want us to do and be?”  This verse is a simple yet powerful reminder of some simple things that God requires of us.  Act and do justly, love mercy and walk humbly before God.  There are numerous opportunities each day to do justly, to do the right thing or to make the right choice.  We love mercy when we show kindness or mercy oftentimes to those who do not deserve it.  Walking humbly before God is acknowledging He alone is God.  He is the I AM – no one else is.  When we give Him the glory He is worthy of, it will humble our heart before Him.  Obeying God doesn’t have to be unattainable or impossible, but can be a joyful, beautiful journey as we go by step and follow Him.