Skip to main content

Peace On Earth December Challenge

"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men." Luke 2:14


This season of the year is my favorite!  I loved the sights, sounds, smells and atmosphere of joy and anticipation.  But to make this season special, I also know the stress, hurried pace, shopping in crowded malls, increased activities - lots of good things, but they have the ability to turn me and my home into chaos. 

As we begin and embrace Christmas, I want to purpose in my heart to put Christ first and to let His peace rule in my heart and home.  Courtney is hosting a December challenge where once a week she will share a spiritual and practical tip to embrace peace. 

The challenge this week is to write at the top of your December calendar page - I Peter 5:7 "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." This will be a reminder every time you look at your calendar and feel anxious about all you have to get done - to pray. God cares for you. Release your worries to him and rest in him.
Also, we are to go buy an extra large candle and light a candle everyday in your home in the month of December. Each time the candle catches your eye, say a prayer for peace in your home. 

I think we are off to a good start in preparing our hearts for Christmas and to seek the peace of God to guard our hearts and minds this season.  Remember - MERRY CHRISTMAS -- It's ALL about HIM!

Comments

  1. I like the candle idea and the Scripture on top of the calender! Both great ways to focus more on God and less on ourselves and the hectic season ahead! You are so right, it is all about Him!! What a wonderful gift Father God gave us in his son, Jesus :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! I like them because they are simple and "do-able"! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to meet you from WLW Peace on Earth Challenge.

    Looking forward to a peaceful month!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your commment. It is a joy and blessing to hear from you and your words are appreciated.

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes We Score, Sometimes We Block

Our family is in the midst of little league soccer season. My youngest son is playing and his enthusiasm is contagious. He is pretty good at the sport, but what makes it so great is that he loves it! He counts the days until the next game or practice. He loves his coach and teammates. He has moved up an age level this year and the players are working more like team, passing to each other and watching out for each other during play. During the last game, my son scored two goals, they were the only goals of the game. In today's game the team scored eight goals. My son came up afterwards to me and said, "I didn't score today, but I blocked". What a powerful truth those words can hold. In life, sometimes we score, sometimes we block. Sometimes we do great things, we excel, we achieve, we meet our goal - we score! There are also times we see the needs of others, sometimes they are sad or hurting, we block their hits. We look out for them so they can score. We...

Paths of Prayer

Today, I'm joining up with Five Minute Friday, a fun writing opportunity to connect and share a quick thought on this week's theme "Path". For many years, when coming across a Scripture about 'paths', it turned into a prayer and desire to be led down God's open paths. Through the years of life which included, marriage, keeping a home, job, raising children and as they began to explore their own paths, seeking God and His paths became a vital part of life and prayer.  As God's Word reveals God's goodness and His ways, I want to be walking - living a lifestyle on the paths that He leads.  Some of my favorite 'path' verses include: Proverbs 4:18 "But the path of the just is like the shining sun, That shines ever brighter unto the perfect day."   Psalm 25:4,  "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths,"  Proverbs 3:5-6: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding; in all your way...

Word-Filled Wednesday

I love participating in Word Filled Wednesday . This is hosted over at 160 acrewoods and is designed to share God's Word with verse and picture. Go over and take a peek - you will be blessed! The verse I chose for today is one of my favorite verses. A while back during an intense trial of watching a loved one struggle with addiction - ready to lose everything over the addiction, I read this verse and it spoke to my heart clearly. Without God - there is no hope, the things of this world will leave you empty and void. Chasing after the things of the world is like chasing the wind, you just can't grasp it. But in God there is hope. Even though the trial may be tough and challenging, God is hope and He will fill you with peace and joy as you believe in Him and you will abound in hope. May your day be blessed and filled with HOPE!