Skip to main content

Sunday Blessings

Let's take a look at Family 1 on a Sunday Morning:

"I can't find my socks!" the young boy cried out, his voice filled with despair.
"And I've lost my Bible," his sister chimed. "Cant' find it anywhere!"

"Mom, what's to eat?" the toddler cried, still in his little PJ's.
"I don't know," his mom replied. "I haven't bought groceries for days!"

Dad got up and wandered down the hall, "Hey honey...where's my tie?"
"Don't ask me now, I"m ironing," came mother's sharp reply.

The baby then woke, some milk got spilled, a fight broke out between two.
Dad burnt the toast, brother flipped on the TV - oh, what's a mom to do?

Arising late this family found chaos at every turn,
each Sunday morning this same scene played
- you'd think they would have learned!

Finally at church safe and sound but stressed out to the max -
wishing the service would soon be done so they could go home and relax.

But returning home they found a mess, the house now out of order,
and with no food, Dad soon had to make a quick "run for the border"!

The rest of the day was catch up time- where was the Lord in this?
On this, His day, did he have a plan this family completely missed?

This little poem was found in the book "A Life That Says Welcome" b Karen Ehman and is part one in a two part series of Sunday morning poems. I think we can all find a few things that ring true through this!

At our home, our Sunday mornings are not perfect and we have our share of flair ups, but through the years, we are learning things that work and things that don't! "Sunday Blessings" is devoted to making Sundays special in our homes.

For this week, let's look over the poem and identify some things that surely will NOT work!

Have a great weekend!


Comments

  1. Been there, done that! We try to have everything complete for Sabbath on Friday afternoon so that we don't have to face the stress on Sabbath morning. It was one of the best habits I've ever implemented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy - that was a stinger. Did you enjoy Karen's book? I remember (now) hearing about this book and thinking I would enjoy reading it...and completley forgot about it until you just mentioned it. I'm curious again...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for sharing your commment. It is a joy and blessing to hear from you and your words are appreciated.

Popular posts from this blog

Sometimes We Score, Sometimes We Block

Our family is in the midst of little league soccer season. My youngest son is playing and his enthusiasm is contagious. He is pretty good at the sport, but what makes it so great is that he loves it! He counts the days until the next game or practice. He loves his coach and teammates. He has moved up an age level this year and the players are working more like team, passing to each other and watching out for each other during play. During the last game, my son scored two goals, they were the only goals of the game. In today's game the team scored eight goals. My son came up afterwards to me and said, "I didn't score today, but I blocked". What a powerful truth those words can hold. In life, sometimes we score, sometimes we block. Sometimes we do great things, we excel, we achieve, we meet our goal - we score! There are also times we see the needs of others, sometimes they are sad or hurting, we block their hits. We look out for them so they can score. We...

Paths of Prayer

Today, I'm joining up with Five Minute Friday, a fun writing opportunity to connect and share a quick thought on this week's theme "Path". For many years, when coming across a Scripture about 'paths', it turned into a prayer and desire to be led down God's open paths. Through the years of life which included, marriage, keeping a home, job, raising children and as they began to explore their own paths, seeking God and His paths became a vital part of life and prayer.  As God's Word reveals God's goodness and His ways, I want to be walking - living a lifestyle on the paths that He leads.  Some of my favorite 'path' verses include: Proverbs 4:18 "But the path of the just is like the shining sun, That shines ever brighter unto the perfect day."   Psalm 25:4,  "Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths,"  Proverbs 3:5-6: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding; in all your way...

Word-Filled Wednesday

I love participating in Word Filled Wednesday . This is hosted over at 160 acrewoods and is designed to share God's Word with verse and picture. Go over and take a peek - you will be blessed! The verse I chose for today is one of my favorite verses. A while back during an intense trial of watching a loved one struggle with addiction - ready to lose everything over the addiction, I read this verse and it spoke to my heart clearly. Without God - there is no hope, the things of this world will leave you empty and void. Chasing after the things of the world is like chasing the wind, you just can't grasp it. But in God there is hope. Even though the trial may be tough and challenging, God is hope and He will fill you with peace and joy as you believe in Him and you will abound in hope. May your day be blessed and filled with HOPE!